Friday, February 4, 2011

Koma at Topshop!!

David Koma is one of my Favorite designers at the moment because he emphasizes the woman's figure and gives it a twist, a fiery kick. His designs are contemporary but the classic colour scheme brings back the elegance and style of femininity. As any 18 year old girl, I love Topshop.. The clothes and the style, and bringing Koma in to design for them Is like a match made in heaven. . .
David Koma For Topshop

Spring/Summer 2011
Spring/Summer 2001
Koma recently Graduated (2007) from Central st Martins with the college's award for best womenswear designer under his belt. Now we've seen him at london fashion week, displaying to the masses his unique style. I personally love his latest Spring/summer collection, which is very different to the other designers' collections which contain a lot of colour and animal print. This set of designs display a monochrome palette  with a cheeky splash of gold on some outfits to display some of that rock chick glamour and cool girl edge that is so desired by young women in the current market.

It seems that with style icons such as Taylor Momsen, and Alexa Chung, girls want to look glam and feminine, but they want the rough edge that makes their tastes look cool and effortless. Koma does this so well that it seems unthinkable not to have him design a range for that market, and who better to sell it than Young Britain's most loved and, let's be honest, most fashionable store.

The collection itself comprises of 5 individual and eye catching pieces, which reflect Koma's unique body of work. Each design is made with high quality fabric and of course include metalwork detailing which is heavily featured in most of his collections. For me the collection reflects the high quality standard and crisp finish that you frequently witness in Koma's designs. It also reflects todays youth, Sexy but elegant, modest but daring. Modest seems a funny way to describe an outfit with a bare back, or even the dress with a bare front.. But somehow, the girls look just that, if a little feisty!

David Koma for Topshop

Koma himself has this to say about the style duet "Topshop signifies youth and modernity and its spirit evokes 'cool London.' " "It was really exciting to work with the Topshop team as I felt they understood me as a designer and appreciated my need to make a high quality product without compromising the design aesthetic, quality of fabric or finishing. They helped make my vision a reality and I'm thrilled with the result."  As am I David Koma! As am I!

I myself will be running down to Topshop on February the 18th in the hope of securing one of these babies.. Although with only 30 of each design, i'm going to have to pray there's a little black backless number sitting there with my name on it. OH! and I almost forgot, I'll have to try paying with monopoly money because £350 is a bit of a push with my paycheck ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews