Friday, February 11, 2011

Inspriation of the Day: St. John

I’ve just started a new item on my blog entitled “Inspiration of the Day.” As a fashion lover I’m always checking Vogue.com and reading piles of magazines and everyday i’m inspired by something new, Wether it be because of how it’s marketed, or because of the design itself. So I thought it’d be nice to write it down and be able to look back on things that stood out from the page to me.
Inspiration of the Day: St. John
I’m not going to lie to you by pretending I know who St. John is, because, to be honest, I’d never heard of the brand name before. But, that’s something I love about fashion; there’s so much of it, you’re continually surprised and excited when you find a new and interesting designer or trend that you’ve never seen before. 
I myself am a lover of ready to wear fashion, clothes that you look at and think, “I want it” and you know that it would make you look fabulous and desirable. Clothes that give you a new found confidence and identity; not someone different, just a better you. I think what’s interesting about the ready to wear market is that there are SO many different types of customer, so many styles, tastes and idealisms that the world is your oyster when it comes to designing for them. I think people are easier to manipulate than you might think.. When a group of people love a shop, they tend to wear what ever that shop sells. If you put a bright orange and blue tartan jumper in Topshop, you can bet you’re bottom dollar that they’d be sold out by the end of the week. So this also makes it easier to create more modern pieces and give classics a twist without people throwing a hissy fit and not buying them. 
On the subject of giving Classics a twist, St. John has done just that the most recent collection. Back on the New York runway are classic shift dresses, loose fitting trousers, Silk Shirts and Pearls. I love Classic fits and classy dresses, my style Icon is Audrey Hepburn, and when I have the money... and the looks, The first thing i’m doing is revamping my wardrobe in this style. Fortunately, these styles are being brought back into the high street stores more and more every season, influenced by designers like St. John. 
Take a look at his latest collection and see for yourself how Classy is once again fashionable!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews