Sunday, February 27, 2011

Liza's Best and Worst of the Academy Awards 2011

The Academy Awards were pretty meh this year... Wasn't that into the show, but I WAS making sure to  note my best and worst dressed of the night! So typical that when Jewls texted me her top three favorites of the night, those were mine too! Hahahaha! Us best friends think a LOT alike! ;) XO, Liza


Best Dressed



Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Couture- One word. STUNNING. This dress is most definitely high fashion, so I kind of understand that some people may not get it. I, on the other hand, am in love with it and Cate Blanchett clearly gets it. The dress is beyond unique and so different. I love the sleeves, as well as the incredible back. I can't picture any other actress wearing it with such elegance and confidence.


Michelle Williams in Chanel Haute Couture- I can never get enough of what Michelle Williams wears to movie premieres or award ceremonies. She always looks SO beautiful and so chic. This whole look.... the hair, the make-up, the dress... absolute perfection.

Mila Kunis in Elie Saab Haute Couture- Absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE this color on her and the draping on the dress is incredible. It's sexy, but in the classiest way. Love the final touch of simple earrings, a bracelet, and no necklace. This dress has such a gorgeous neckline and wearing anything around the neck would take away from the entire look. I think Mila nailed it!


Worst Dressed

 Penelope Cruz in L'Wren Scott- Definitely my worst of the night. This looks like she bought it at the mall or something... It's like a really bad cheesy prom dress! Ugh! So awful! She usually looks great, but this gown is terrible.

 Nicole Kidman in Dior- This one is pretty bad. From far away, it looks like there are seashells or something on her dress. The cut is really bizarre too! Hate it. Very tacky and creepy.

 Florence Welch in Valentino Couture- I love this dress... I really do! Problem is it looks AWFUL on Florence. She is so fair with her red hair and pale skin and it just does not work on her whatsoever. She almost looks shlumpy in it? I don't know, but something is totally off for me.

justjared.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews