Friday, January 14, 2011

Street Style Spotlight: Model Hanne Gaby Odiele

I think we are long overdue for a nice big street style post. They are personally my favorite to do, as they are the most challenging to conjure up! My pick for best street style of the week is going to be Hanne Gaby. Hands down. Lize and I have covered plenty of models off the runway style in our two years of blogging and my newest addition to our long list of cuties is Hanne Gaby Odiele. She is now 22 and originally from Belgium. She started blowing up back in 05', then suffered from a severe car accident, and had to take time off. Now back on the scene she has become one of the most in demand models of the season. It's easy to see through these candids that she is a total carefree goon, much like my fave Frida Gustavsson.  I always believe that the sillier the better and the more fun and goofy the girl is... the more natural and full of life the photo will come out! I personally think Hanne is darling and her off the runway style is definitely off the cuff and out there. My kind of girl for sure. Out of the box, not a trend follower, and mixes and matches pieces to suit her own mood. I have enjoyed plucking through and finding my top picks. I am off to a rigorous yoga class and then out to din and cocktails with John and all my boys tonight. Happy Friday guys!  Mwa!

X. Jewls


Could she be any cuter?


My top pick. Everything is about this is perfection. Ugh, what I would do to get my hands on that perfectly constructed tuxedo jacket!!!


Here with friend Toni Garrn. Such a goof! This is so Lize and I. I live for it.


Having a drink with Alexander after his show. So precious.

My second favorite. What in God's name is that harness around her chest? I need it on my body right now. I kind of am obsessed with this look. Although it's a bit dominatrix with the clear pump heel, I adore how her hair is down and messy and she has no make up on. It's the perfect way to keep this look light.


Again, totally silly. What the F is she holding? That thing is amazing. I love how she is posing with it as if it's another person standing with them. She is hilarious. 


Ok, I know 98% of the world would hate this look, but I find it intriguing. I love each print and each piece. Why not throw it all together for a deliciously 70's look? I give her two thumbs up on this. It's fun and head turning. Experimenting and playing around is what fashion is all about... not rules and regulations!



Now for a complete 180, we have this look. I love how she bounces so far with her outfits much like Lize and I. One day she is scrubby, one day she is lady like, one day she is in menswear... that's the way to play with your fashion palette. This is exquisite to me. The double collars with this stunning coat against the crazy printed jeans and topping it off with a punk boot. Perfect juxtaposing. Love love love this.



Amazing.


A good all black ensemble.


What most models look like straight off the runway. A ratty t shirt, check. Skinny jeans, check. Beat up boots, check. A huge bag to fit all her stuff, check. And a warm coat to face the harsh NYC winters, check. Classic model look.

 

I love this little slip dress paired with that absurd hat.


More silliness with Kasia Struss and Jac Jagaciak (two of my other favorite models). Her striped sweater looks so comfy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews