Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Ran Away to Palm Springs

No, I literally did. John and I desperately needed a relaxing weekend outside of smoggy, traffic filled Los Angeles. Even though we live at the base of the Hollywood Hills where it is quiet and tranquil, it does not excuse us from the insanity that "is" Hollywood right below us. It has been raining here for weeks and we had had enough! This is not why I moved to LA! Where is my sunshine? Feeling awkwardly pale with my new blonde hair, I thought I had the best chance of soaking up a quick tan in the desert.  Napa was our first option and we had originally booked a hotel room there. Wine all weekend? Duh. But once we realized these irritating storms were also happening up in Napa, I quickly changed our reservations to Le Parker Meridien Palm Springs. Several people had highly recommended this stunning hotel and spa to me, so I was very curious to go check it out! Our closest friends Alfy and Jenna soon caught word of our travel plans and decided to pop out and meet us there. Our stay turned into a magical relaxing weekend with loads of gourmet food, champagne, hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, and delicious down comforters. Just a few of my favorite things!  Here below are some of our memories captured with my new baby Canon that John gave me for my birthday (obsessed). I think I''ll keep him and the camera. Hope you're all well loves!

X. Jewls

My new child.
 The road trip begins. I have my navigation set and we have mixes made! Time to sing like idiots in the car. I live for it!
 We've reached Palm Springs! This is the closest we get to snow here. Ha!
 Love.
 I love this photo. There is something so rural 40's western cowboy about it.
 Finally in our room! I never want to get out of this bed. 
 Pelly anyone?
 Our breakfast right after we arrive. Mimosa, Bloody Mary and little smoothie shots. I was happy.


 On our way back through the maze of gardens after breakfast, John and I stumbled on a lawn with hammocks. We were content and full, so we decided to snuggle up and swing for a while.
 Spinning around in fresh cut grass feels so good!
 Batman.
 Outfit Details: San Diego Hat Company Hat, Luella Sunglasses, Rachel Pally Cardigan, Wildfox "Girly Girl" Tank, Hanky Panky Bralette,  Riller and Fount Drop Harem Pants, LD Tuttle Crochet Boots, Various Noir, Shashi and Chanel Jewelry.
 Time for dinner.


 Outfit Details: Marc by Marc Jacobs Sweater, Ai for Ai Silk Blouse, Marithe and Francois Girbaud Jeans, Shashi and Presh stacked Bracelets, LD Tuttle Boots, Chanel Handbag.
 Lobby of The Parker. I want that Drugs sign in my apartment. How amazing is it?
 At the lemonade stand bright and early the next morning. Of course we got lemonade with champagne in it. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do. It was delicious!
 Adore him.
 Outfit Details: Fluer Wood Striped Silk Romper, Cazal Sunglasses, Marc Bernstein Leather and Mesh Gold Wrap Bracelet.
 Pretending to know how to play chess with Jenna. 
 My love + my stack of magazines + pool + sunshine = perfection!
I want to go back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews