Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Teen Bloggers: Julia Frakes VS Tavi Gevinson

Julia Frakes has made a huge impact in the fashion world. Shockingly eloquent and amazing impulses with fashion taste... She landed a job as a fashion editor at PAPER magazine. Incredible. I have adored her ever since Liza introduced me to her blog a while back. She is insanely thin, but whatever... She'll work it out in her own time. For now, I am a fan and a supporter of her career because I think she's such a little talent.

Tavi Gevinson, 13, started her fashion blog at age 11. Her parents weren't totally aware of what she was doing on her computer all the time until she went to them and asked for permission to be in the New York Times as a featured blogger. What?!? Craziness. She was the Rodarte sisters inspiration for their Target line, has been on the cover of Pop magazine, is featured in Elle regularly, and is on a first name basis with several designers (including Alexander Wang). While she is making more of a bang than Julia, I believe that is also due to her incredibly young age.

Overall opinion of who has better taste and choices on a daily basis... Julia hands down. She is going to be a beast in the fashion industry. I can't wait to see what she does. Tavi freaks me out... She is too young to be dressing like that and she looks like a female Benjamin Button. I am not living for it.

Go Julia! We love you!

X. Jewls


JULIA:


Julia at NYC Fashion Week. Killer Wang glasses and liking the new blonde bob.


Pastel button.


Look at this?! An 18 year old blogger?!

OBSESSED with this dress.


Love these tights.


Cute socks. She always has cute ones.


Love her face here.


Again, the socks on the far left. Adorable!


Stunning.


This little vest is hilarious. She's obsessed.



One of my fave looks.


I need that bow headband on me right now.


Chanel flats. Classic.

TAVI:

A good shot, but it's Pop... I mean of course it is.

Seriously?

Too much going on. Pick ONE theme. This looks like Lisa Turtle going to prom.

The Rodarte knit tights are sick.... They don't go with anything else she is wearing though.

This is one of her better looks.

Rodarte body suit?

The boots look massive on her. Love the headband though.

Sweet.

The belt ruins the Rodarte sweater. Omg, how much do they give her?

Love the bow. Hate that expression.

I was obsessed with this YSL blouse for months... Jealous! The shorts are amazing too!

http://julialapin.typepad.com/   http://www.thestylerookie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews