Saturday, April 2, 2011

Website Spotlight: Maximillia


 I had nightmares about your website last night. I dreamt that I got to wear every single dress that I want off your site, but only for one night. Not totally unlike the story of Cinderella. I woke up thrashing and moaning only to smack my fiance, John, by accident. He rolled over, groaning in fragments ,"What's wrong baby? Bad dream?", but I was too ashamed to tell him I was having nightmares about dresses that I was secretly fantasizing were my own. I cleared my throat and muttered,"I was having terrible dreams about you!", (Liar).  So with that being said, Maximillia... I would appreciate it if you could put up some ugly pieces on your website, so that I could get some restful sleep tonight. 

Yours Truly,

Jewls

Ok, no but seriously guys... I am not kidding. I had dreams. Nightmares. Thrashing, childlike, night terrors about these dresses below. After only five hours of sleep, I crawled to my coffee machine, slithered to my couch with my cats in the dark, and dragged all of these images off of Maximillia because I desperately need to commiserate with you guys today!!! Can we please go into detailed discussion with each other about every single one of these pieces? Liza and I have had an ongoing love affair with this site for ages, but only recently have their images become sharable! Finally we can show you all our obsession! This website is run out of Perth, Australia and they for the most part, showcase up-and-coming, young, local designers that are just starting out. Their forte is buying ladylike pieces that are very etherial and feminine, so you can imagine that this website is like a friggin' candy shop for Liza and me. Gahhhhh! Sretsis in particular really gets my heart rate up. Designer and graduate of Parsons, Pim Sikhahuta, launched Sretsis three years ago and continues to grow in LA, NYC, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Australia, and Thailand. This line epitomizes what Liza and I adore about girly little frocks. Ok, let the commiserating commence. I am off to brunch and then I may attempt to take a nap!  Hopefully I won't fall victim to anymore "fashion terrors" while I sleep! Yes, I just made up that term. I sort of live for it. Happy Saturday loves. 

X. Jewls

Sretsis "Elili" Dress, $525 (Sob, I know). I mean, this is like a modern day sexy Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Someone pinch me. I need this to live.
Sretsis "Holi" Dress, $319. This dress is truly stunning. Ohhh, my soul is in pain!
Sretsis "Polka Dots and Moonbeams" Dress, $528. Well, anything that has polka dots and moonbeams in the title is sort of an immediate sell to Lize and me. Come on! Look at this little darling! The puff sleeves? The sea shells? The print? Oh my Lord... stop it.
 
Sretsis "Shameena" Dress, $436. I have no words for this one. I am taking off my Lanvin eyeglasses to wipe tears. Too beautiful.
Sretsis "Gagana Flounce" Dress, $495. This one truly murders me. Can you imagine this little love with low lace socks folded over and white saddle shoes? I have to stop myself from imagining all the ways I would wear this piece because I am getting an anxiety attack.
Karen Walker "Floral Split Front Frill" Dress, $500. A wedding, a baby shower, a tea party, a luncheon, to go meet the boyfriends parents... where would we not wear this dress is the question? There is no excuse for me not to order this right now.
 Ellery "Lafayette Amour Sleeve" Dress, $705 (ouch) But we can stare in awe, right?
 Ellery "Marat Gathered Yoke" Dress, $750. Beautiful. Perfect. Simple, yet so different in construction. I love this piece. Ellery is so incredible at making basics special.... and I want to rip that belt right off her teensy little waist! WANT!
Stolen Girlfriends Club "White Puff Daddy" Shirt Dress, $295. I would wear the living daylights out of this dress. This price point isn't as scary!
 
Sretsis "Silver Heart" Dress, $250. Lastly, a little Stretis on sale... Hey, that's better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews